Would definition as a verb is :-
- expressing the conditional mood or indicating the consequence of an imagined event or situation.
Example :- she would lose his job if she were identified
- expressing a desire or inclination.
Example : I would love to work in Prague
- expressing a polite request.
Example : would you pour the wine, please?
- expressing a conjecture, opinion, or hope.
Example : I would imagine that they'll want to keep it.
- used to make a comment about behavior that is typical.
Example : every night we would hear the boy crying.
- expressing a wish or regret.
Example : would that he had lived to finish it .